I'm ready to:
Learn new skills
Train for a great job
Earn more money
What is Ready to Work?
Ready to Work is San Antonio’s premier training, education, and employment program.
Ready to Work will meet you where you are and take you to the next level with skills for higher-paying jobs.
Ready to Work will:
- Guide you through the entire process
- Connect you with resources like childcare and transportation so nothing can stand in your way
- Develop a personalized career and training plan just for you
- Enroll you in courses and work-based learning opportunities that match the right field for you
- Cover the cost of approved courses (up to a cap)
- Prepare you for job interviews
- Help you find and keep the job you love
Who is eligible for Ready to Work?
- Age: At least 18 years of age
- Residence: Within the San Antonio City Limits
- Click here to confirm that you live in San Antonio.
- Note that municipalities within San Antonio are not eligible (like Balcones Heights and Leon Valley, etc.).
- Work Status: Permitted to work in the United States
- Household income: No more than 250% of the federal poverty guidelines
- Currently less than $36,450 for an individual or $75,000 for a household of four
- Commitment: Willing to train and succeed in a career
You will need certain documents to verify that you are eligible for Ready to Work. If you need assistance obtaining these documents, your personal coach can help you.
Three ways to apply.
Visit a Ready to Work Partner Agency
Customize your career path.
Ready to Work offers a variety of training and educational programs. Your personal coach will find the one that is right for you based on your interests, skills, and goals.
Grab this opportunity to earn your high-school diploma or a GED, which will open many doors for you. Once you have earned it, continue in the Ready to Work program to take your future to the next level.
Increase your earning potential and improve your resume with certification programs in various fields including technology, healthcare, construction, trades, business and more.
Associate Degree Courses
Expand your employment opportunities by earning a specialized Associate Degree in your field of interest.
Bachelor’s Degree Courses
If you already have 30 hours of college credit, Ready to Work can help you get back in school and complete your Bachelor’s Degree. Now is the time to take advantage of this opportunity.
What makes Ready to Work different?
Ready to Work is unprecedented. No other city in the nation is supporting its residents like we are. With over $110 million in tuition assistance, hundreds of pledged employers, training providers and colleges, community organizations and workforce agencies, we are in it together, for you.
Ready to Work coaching includes:
- Assessing your needs, skills, and interests
- Identifying classes in line with a future career
- Building your profile on WorkInTexas.com
- Preparing you for interviews
- Improving your soft skills
- Connecting you with quality job opportunities
- Helping you understand employer benefits
- Planning your finances
- Helping you thrive in the workplace
We’ve made getting ahead smarter—for YOU.
How? We update our Approved Training Catalog every three months based on well-paid jobs in high demand. When you finish, employers will be ready for you. The Approved Training Catalog lists courses with available tuition assistance, across multiple industries and local training providers.
Ready to Work can help provide a safety net for unexpected emergencies. Participants may receive limited, short-term assistance for urgent needs while in training, such as:
- Mortgage, rent or hotel
- Internet access
- Cell phone service
- Legal assistance (relating to job placement)
Eliminate YOUR obstacles to success
Ready to Work partners with many community organizations and will help you navigate challenges, including:
- Healthcare and mental health issues
- Family violence
- Substance abuse
- Long-term needs, like housing, food, and utilities
- Computer skills
- Starting a business
- Legal issues
- English as a Second Language