I'm ready to:
Make a change
Take control of my career
Build a better life
What is Ready to Work?
Ready to Work is an educational and job placement program to help thousands of San Antonians improve their quality of life.
Ready to Work will:
- Provide guidance throughout the process
- Connect you with resources that you need
- Guide you through career planning
- Enroll you in approved courses
- Offer you tuition assistance
- Pay for urgent needs
- Prepare you for the next level
- Help you secure and retain a well-paid job
Who is eligible for Ready to Work?
- 18 years old when applying for the program
- Permitted to work in the United States
- Resident of the City of San Antonio
- Income less than 250% of federal poverty guidelines ($33,975 for an individual, or $69,375 for a household of four)
- Not currently enrolled in college courses at intake
- Willing to take assessments relating to barriers, academics, skills aptitude, and workplace readiness
- Committed to completing the program
Three ways to enroll.
Visit a Ready to Work Partner Agency
Customize your career path.
Ready to Work offers a variety of programs. Find the one that’s right for you based on your interests, skills and goals.
Grab this opportunity to earn your high-school diploma or a GED, which will open many doors for you. Once you have earned it, continue in the Ready to Work program to take your future to the next level.
Increase your earning potential and improve your resume with certification programs in various fields including technology, healthcare, construction, business and more.
Associate Degree Courses
Expand your employment opportunities in less time than a Bachelor’s Degree by completing an Associate Degree in your field of interest.
Bachelor’s Degree Courses
If you already have 60 hours of college credit, Ready to Work tuition assistance and support are available to help you complete your Bachelor’s Degree and improve your marketability.
What makes Ready to Work different?
Ready to Work is unprecedented. No other city in the nation is supporting its residents like we are. With over $110 million in tuition assistance, hundreds of employers, training providers and colleges, community organizations and workforce agencies, we are in it together, for you.
Ready to Work coaching includes:
- Assessing your skills and interests
- Identifying classes in line with a future career
- Building your profile on LinkedIn.com and WorkInTexas.com
- Preparing you for interviews
- Improving your soft skills
- Connecting you with quality job opportunities
- Helping you understand employer benefits
- Planning your finances
- Helping you thrive in the workplace
We’ve made getting ahead smarter—for YOU.
How? We update our Approved Training Catalog every three months based on well-paid jobs in high demand. When you finish, employers will be ready for you. The Approved Training Catalog lists courses with available tuition assistance, across multiple industries, and across local training providers.
- Comprehensive across multiple industries
- Built with input from employers
- Sorted by industry and educational agency
We know things come up, and Ready to Work can help provide a safety net for unexpected emergencies. Participants may receive limited, short-term assistance for urgent needs, such as:
- Mortgage, rent or hotel
- Internet access
- Cell phone service
- Legal assistance (relating to job placement)
Eliminate YOUR obstacles to success
Ready to Work partners with many community organizations and will help you navigate challenges, including:
- Healthcare and mental health issues
- Family violence
- Substance abuse
- Long-term needs, like housing, food, and utilities
- Computer skills
- Starting a business
- Legal issues
- English as a Second Language